We are glad you are considering visiting First Baptist Church on Fifth! Below is some helpful information for questions you may have before your first visit. If you have more questions, please feel free to contact us.
What are your beliefs?
- The Spruce Street-side parking spot right up against the building next to the dumpster is available as a drop-off spot for those who need ease of access to the building. Should you be transporting someone with mobility challenges to FBC on a Sunday morning, please pull in here to do so.
- The Deacons and staff are working hard to create permanent signage that will offer an easy indication of entry points into the building, parking around the property, and internal and external wayfinding throughout. Until then, temporary signs should offer clarity as you and our guests move around the building. Please notify a church staff member if you have questions!
Should you visit the church house for worship on Sundays or during the week, parking for the congregation is available in the following locations on or around our block:
- The parking lot of the John 3:16 building at the corner of 6th and Poplar (anytime)
- The Winston-Salem Journal parking lot and adjacent gravel lot at the corner of 5th and Spruce (Sundays)
- Street parking at meters on 5th Street and Spruce Streets (anytime)
- Street parking on Poplar Street (Sundays)
Within a block or two of the church are several parking garages and other surface lot options should you need them. If you do not experience mobility challenges and have the capacity to park farther away during this time of disruption, please do so!
Where are you located?
Do you offer childcare during other church events?
Do you offer small group Bible study?
What time is worship?
Our Sunday schedule is 9:15am Bible Study for all ages (most remain on Zoom right now), followed by 11:00am worship in the Sanctuary.
Do you offer childcare during worship services?
Is there a "dress code" for Sunday morning worship?
Is there elevator access in the church?
How can I become a member?
How to Join
First Baptist Church on Fifth welcomes all people who affirm Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord to join us on our journey of proclaiming God’s Kingdom in our city and world. Membership is a way of publicly partnering with our community of faith. Here are ways to become a member at First Baptist Church on Fifth:
Profession of Faith
…decides to follow Jesus and will be baptized to demonstrate his/her commitment.
Transfer of Membership
…desires to become a member from another Baptist church.
Statement of Faith
…desires to become a member from a non-Baptist church. (e.g., Methodist or Presbyterian)
…has previously made a profession of faith and now seeks a deeper dimension in living for God.
…treated as a member, but does not actually move membership from home church. No voting rights. (e.g., college student)
If you’d like more general information about the church, read our FAQs.