Deacons at First on Fifth are our church’s primary servant leaders, offering guidance for our beloved community on matters of spiritual discernment and doing so with a collaborative spirit. Each Deacon is assigned a handful of individuals and families in our church to offer compassion, care, and help when needed. Our Deacons meet monthly after worship for lunch, prayer, and discussion.
- Exhibit a Jesus-shaped way of living: one of loving God and loving neighbor as we love ourselves, all the while pursuing the present and future Kingdom of God.
- Be sincere individuals worthy of respect, holding deep truths of faith, full of the Spirit and wisdom. (See Deacon qualities set forth in 1 Timothy 3:8 and Acts 6:3.)
- Live out a strong commitment to First Baptist Church on Fifth’s mission, vision, values, and Confession of Identity, which says at its heart: “We are a community in the heart of the city called by Jesus to practice bold love of God and neighbor and boundless compassion for all people.”
- Demonstrate financial support of First Baptist Church on Fifth.
- Faithfully fulfill the responsibilities and duties as a Deacon.
- Be a minimum of twenty-one (21) years of age and a member of First Baptist Church for two (2) years at the time of election.
*Year listed beside each name indicates the end of their term.